Information You Choose to Submit
We collect information that personally identifies you, such as your name, telephone number, billing and shipping address, credit card number, and other payment information, email address and other data that can be reasonably linked to such information (“Personal Information”) only if you choose to share such information with us. For example, you will be required to provide us with certain Personal Information to register with the Services and purchase products. The decision to provide this information is optional; however, if you decide not to register or provide such information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Services, including, without limitation, making purchases. You may review, correct, update, or change your Personal Information, or remove your Personal Information from our direct marketing efforts, at any time by visiting your profile or account page in the Services, or by contacting us at: 4221 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 210, Los Angeles, CA 90010, Telephone 1-800-285-0982, Fax 1-323-556-8468, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Automatically Collect
We automatically collect information that does not reflect or reference an individually identifiable user (“Non-Personal Information”) to help us understand how our users use the Services. Like most websites, we automatically collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files may include the IP address of the computer or server that you are using to access the Services, the IP address and/or the URL from the website you visited just before you visited our Site, the URL of the page you visit upon leaving the Services, if any, and the type of browser and operating system and device you are using. This anonymous usage information may be associated with your username and profile, but we will not disclose the associated information to third parties.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Do Not Track
Our Websites will not respond to web browser “do not track” signals that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time. Our mobile application will not respond to such signals.
How We Use Your Information
We may use Personal Information and Non-Personal Information for internal purposes, such as to process and fulfill your orders, to communicate with you regarding your orders and deliveries, to notify you of new products or services, to send service notifications, to customize the advertising and content you see, to improve the Services, to conduct research, to solicit your feedback and input about the Services, and to provide more relevant products, services, and advertisements and relevant information useful for customers on or through the Services. Such information may be combined with data collected from other sources so that we may further improve the relevance of products, services, and advertisements offered on or through the Services.
How We Share Your Information
Single-Sign-On Services. We offer a single-sign-on service with certain third-party applications and services with whom we have a trusted relationship. The single-sign-on allows you to access and use the third-party applications using your Coway account information. In order to enable the single-sign-on service, we share personal information with the third-party providers of these applications and services. These third-party providers agree with us to use such personal information solely for the purpose of enabling the single-sign-on and agree not to use or disclose such personal information for any other purposes. They also agree to implement and maintain security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect your information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Service Providers. From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services on our behalf, such as production and fulfillment, payment processing, hosting and maintenance, data storage and management services, and marketing and promotions. We provide our Service Providers with the information reasonably necessary for them to perform these services, which information may include certain Personal Information such as your name and email address. Each Service Provider must agree to implement and maintain reasonable security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information involved in order to protect your information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure.
Aggregate Information. We may use, and disclose to third parties, certain Non-Personal Information regarding the Services (e.g., the total number of persons purchasing particular items, the aggregate number of purchases from a particular geographic location, etc.). However, such information does not identify you individually.
Our Affiliates. We may disclose your information with entities controlling, controlled by, or under common control with the Company.
Legal Disclosures. In certain instances, we may disclose your information when we believe it is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against persons or entities in order to protect us or our users, or when we believe that the law or legal process requires such disclosure. For example, we may share information to reduce the risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use the Services for illegal reasons, such as an intellectual property rights violation, or to commit fraud.
Change in Control Transactions. In addition, in the event that the Company is merged, sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer your information in connection with such transaction.
Links to Other Sites and Third-Party Applications
Information that we collect is stored on servers using standard security procedures and practices appropriate to the nature of the information in an effort to protect information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through the Services, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Services, and you do so at your own risk.
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country, including in the United States and Korea. If you are located outside the United States, please be advised that the laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Services, you agree that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
Children’s Privacy Statement
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete such information from our records.
TOLL FREE CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTER
(US AND CANADA ONLY)
Rights in Materials
As between you and Company, Company owns the Services, all the content (including, for example, audio, photographs, illustrations, graphics, other visuals, video, copy, software, etc.), code, data and materials on the Services, and the look and feel, design and organization of the Services. This includes all intellectual property and proprietary rights in these materials. When you use the Services or download materials from the Services, you do not acquire any ownership of any such content, code, data, or materials.
The Services are only for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not make any commercial use of the Services, or any content, code, data or materials on the Services, unless you have received our prior written permission.
Except as we expressly permit, you may not download, display, copy, distribute, modify, perform, transfer, create derivative works from, sell, or otherwise exploit any content, code, data, or materials on the Services. Doing so may violate or infringe copyright and other laws of the United States and other countries, as well as applicable local and state laws, and may subject you to liability for such unauthorized use.
The trademarks, logos, service marks, and trade names (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Services are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Company (or other rights holders) and may not be used in any manner that is likely to cause customer confusion, or that disparages or discredits Company or the applicable rights holder. You do not receive, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Services without our prior written permission.
You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your User Information.
Use of the Services
Your account and password may be used to access any of the Services. Our single-sign-on service may enable you to access third-party services as well. You are responsible for your use of the Services and for any use of the Services made using your account. Accordingly, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account and password or other User Information.
Our goal is to create a positive and safe experience when you and others use the Services. To promote this goal, we prohibit certain kinds of conduct that may be harmful to other users or to us. When you use the Services, you may not:
We reserve the right to suspend, refuse service and/or terminate access to the Services without prior notice for any user who violates these policies.
If you provide us with any ideas, know-how, concepts, techniques, comments, criticisms, reports, or other feedback (“Feedback”), whether oral or written, we may use them for any purpose. We may do so without notice to you and without paying any compensation to you. All Feedback is and will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
We may, at our own expense, assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to compensation by you, and in such case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of such claim.
Orders for Products and Services
We make certain products available for sale to visitors and/or registrants of the Services. Our policies for pricing, shipping, and returns, as well as information regarding limitations on the availability of certain products, are located at www.cowaymega.com.
You may only order products if you are 18 years old or older or of the age of legal majority. If you place an order, you promise that you meet these requirements.
You agree to pay in full the prices for any purchases at the time of your online order by using any payment means acceptable to Company. You agree to pay all applicable taxes. If payment is not received by us from your credit or debit card issuer or its agents, you agree to pay all amounts due upon demand by us.
You may not resell any products purchased through or via any of the Services for commercial purposes.
Third-Party Websites and Applications
You may be able to access or use the Services from a third-party website, Internet resource, or software application (“Linked Sites”). You may also be able to access and use a Linked Site from a link available on the Services. We have no responsibility for Linked Sites. The inclusion of any link to such Linked Sites anywhere on the Services does not imply our endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation of that site or of any product or service offered by that site. We do not promise that the contents of any Linked Site are accurate or compliant with local, state or federal law, including any intellectual property laws. Your use of any Linked Site is at your own risk and you assume all responsibilities and consequences resulting from such reliance.
As a convenience, you may use your account and password information to log-in to certain third-party websites and applications (“Third-Party Applications”). However, we do not share your log-in credentials or any other information with the providers of such Third-Party Applications. Your use of such Third-Party Applications will be governed by the applicable terms of service and privacy policies established by the third-party providers. We have no responsibility for such Third-Party Applications.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL SUCH WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS WHATSOEVER REGARDING THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES REGARDING INFORMATION, CONTENT, AND MERCHANDISE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES; UPTIME OR UNINTERRUPTED ACCESS TO THE SERVICES; TITLE; NON-INFRINGEMENT; MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT, FUNCTIONS, OR MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
Using the internet may expose you to certain risks. We are not responsible for any viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Services or from downloading any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Services.
We try to ensure that the information posted on the Services is correct and up-to-date, but it may not be. We may change any of the information provided on the Services at any time and without any prior warning. We will not be liable for any inaccuracy or omission concerning any of the information provided on the Services or about any merchandise offered on the Services.
THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LOCAL LAWS. TO THE EXTENT COMPANY MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY, THE SCOPE AND DURATION OF SUCH WARRANTY SHALL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAWS, NEITHER COMPANY NOR ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO THE SERVICES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO CERTAIN USERS.
TO THE EXTENT COMPANY MAY NOT, AS A MATTER OF APPLICABLE LAW, LIMIT ITS LIABILITIES, THE EXTENT OF COMPANY’S LIABILITY SHALL BE THE MINIMUM PERMITTED UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
YOU MAY NOT ACT AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, NOR PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, WITH RESPECT TO ANY CLAIM. CLAIMS MAY NOT BE ARBITRATED ON A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE BASIS. THE ARBITRATOR CAN DECIDE ONLY YOUR AND/OR COMPANY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED.
This section limits certain rights, including the right to maintain a court action, the right to a jury trial, the right to participate in any form of class or representative claim, the right to engage in discovery except as provided in the arbitration rules, and the right to certain remedies and forms of relief. Other rights that you or company would have in court also may not be available in arbitration.
(1) The purpose of collecting personal information of the members is to collect the minimum information necessary to confirm the identity of the members and their intention to use our services, and provide appropriate services to them. We may collect additional information when necessary to deal with payments, delivery and complaints.
(2) The Company will not use this information for any other purpose other than the original purpose of collection, or will not provide it to a third party without the consent of the member.
(3) The Company collects the following personal information for membership, smooth customer counseling, confirmation of identity, delivery and confirmation of notices, communication procedures such as confirmation of the personal intention, and provision of services (products) and events.
|Coway IoCare member”
|Member management, identity verification, and service provision||(Required) Full name (nickname), member ID, mobile phone number or email
* When using a registered product, you’re required to provide your mobile phone number
(Optional) Mobile phone number or email
|Order and payment||Name of financial institution, credit card number (card number, expiration date), and account number|
|Delivery and installation of goods||Recipient and service user name, phone number, address, invoice number, product information (product name, model name, bar code number, etc.)|
(4) The Company may collect personal information in the following manner:
Homepage, mobile service (web/app) membership, writing, fax, telephone, call center, event participation, etc.
(5) For collecting personal information, the Company shall establish procedures so that the minimum personal information required for service provision is classified as “mandatory information” and other personal information is classified as “optional information”. The Company does not refuse to provide its services to those who do not provide further personal information other than the minimum personal information needed for the membership.
(6) Collection and use of personal information via smartphone mobile apps
(1) In principle, the personal information of the member is destroyed without delay when the purpose of collecting and using the personal information is achieved.
(2) If it is necessary to preserve the information in accordance with relevant laws such as the Commercial Act, the Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc., the Company keeps the member’s information for a certain period as stipulated by the relevant laws and regulations.
|Related Acts||Information||Retention period|
|Act on the Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, etc.||Records of agreement or withdrawal||5 years|
|Records of payment and goods supply||5 years|
|Records of consumer complaints or disputes||3 years|
|Protection of Communications Secrets Act||Website access history||3 months|
The Company, in principle, does not use personal information of members or provide it to other persons, or other companies or organizations beyond the notifications stated in “1. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information”. However, the following exceptions apply:
(1) If the member agrees to provide their personal information to a third party
(2) If there are special regulations in other laws
In order to provide good services, the Company entrusts its tasks to an external agency (hereinafter “personal information processing consignment”) with regard to collection, storage, processing, use, provision, management and destruction of personal information. When any of the following items are changed, we will also obtain the member’s consent.
(2) The company entrusts personal information processing as follows:
|Trustee||Consigned services||Retention and use of personal information|
|AWS||System construction, maintenance and operation||Until the consignment purposes are
fulfilled, and the contract ends
|Agenda NYC||Marketing agency|
(1) The Company shall, in principle, destroy the personal information provided by the member without delay after the purpose of collection and use has been achieved.
(2) The information collected through membership registration is stored in a separate DB after the purpose is achieved, and deleted after a certain period of time.
We value your opinions very much, and you can report to the privacy protection authority regarding the complaints about privacy that may arise while you use our services. (1588-5200, email@example.com)
|Chief Privacy Officer||Name||Organization||Position|
|Privacy Manager||Ahn Jinhyeok||ICT Strategy Room||Chief|
|Privacy Manager||Nam Dongo||Information Strategy Team||Team Leader|
|Complaints handling of personal information||Jung Jinhee||Information Strategy Team||Team member|
In addition, you can contact the following organization to resolve a dispute or consult about personal information infringement.
– Total support portal for personal information protection: www.privacy.go.kr
– Privacy Call Center and Dispute Mediation Committee: http://privacy.kisa.or.kr/(Without an area code)118
– Cyber Crime Investigation Division, Supreme Prosecutors’ Office: www.ctrc.go.kr/1301 (With no area code)
– Cyber Bureau, National Police Agency: www.ctrc.go.kr / 182 (With no area code)
(1) The members and their legal representatives may at any time view or modify their own personal information, and may request to terminate their subscription.
(2) You can view or correct your personal information, or withdraw your membership after your identity is confirmed by clicking “Change personal information” or “Withdraw membership” (withdraw your consent).
(3) If you contact the personal information manager in writing or in person by phone or e-mail, we will check and take actions.
(4) If a member requests correction of an error in personal information, we will not use or provide the existing information until the correction is completed. Also, if wrong personal information has already been provided to a third party, we will notify them of the fact so that corrections are made without delay.
(5) As for the personal information that has been revoked or deleted at the request of the members or their legal representative, the Company shall process it according to the “Article 2 Processing and Retention Period of Personal Information“, and shall not view or use it for other purposes.
Members shall be responsible for the damage caused by incorrect information entered by them, and for maintaining the security of ID and password. Those who enter false information or steal private information, they may lose membership or their access to the service may be suspended. The member must comply with the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., and the Personal Information Protection Act and other personal information laws.
The Company takes the following technical and administrative measures to ensure that personal information of members is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged in the process of handling it.
We apply protection measures such as encryption of personal identification information to keep it from hacking, training of handling staffs, minimizing the number of the handling staffs, and operation of a dedicated organization for protection of personal information.
The Company uses “cookies” that store and retrieve information from members in order to provide customized services to members.
A cookie is a small amount of information that a server (HTTP) running a website sends to a member’s computer browser, and is stored on the hard disk in the member’s PC.
(1) The purpose of the cookies
Cookies are used for target marketing and customized services as they can help analyze the access frequency and visit time of members and non-members, grasp member’s tastes and interests, and identify the level and frequency of member’s participation in various events.
(2) Installing / operating and rejecting cookies
Members have options of accepting cookies. Through the options in the web browser, members can choose whether to allow all cookies, or check each time a cookie is saved, or refuse to accept all the cookies.
However, if you refuse to save cookies, you may not be able to use some services that require login.
– How to set cookies (for Internet Explorer): From your web browser, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy at the top.
– Effective date: December 20, 2017
Article 1. Purpose
The purpose of these terms and conditions is to stipulate basic conditions of rights and duties of Coway Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, “Company”), and members and customers for use of Coway IoT services.
Article 2. Definition of Terms
The terms used in the terms and conditions are defined as follows:
① ”Products” are defined as all of products allowed of applying Services manufactured and sold by Company including air cleaner, water purifier, bidet, mattress, water softener, and air quality diagnosis device. Scope of products (devices) applied with Services may be added or deleted dependent upon situations of Company.
② ”Service” is defined as services and their additional services that provide functions of device control, climate and air quality information and other contents via linkage with Products installed at home or business place of Member or Customer and applications provided by Company.
③ ”Member” is defined as an individual who owns Coway IoCare Account, and uses Services provided by Company for Products.
④ “Customer” is defined as purchaser of product (equipment) manufactured and sold by Company upon rental or lump sum payment basis.
⑤ “Company” is defined as Coway Co., Ltd. that provides Member or Customer with Services. Affiliates and overseas corporations (including branches) of Company, or third party specified by Company may, however, perform duties of company in accordance with these terms and conditions, or be beneficiary pursuant to these terms and conditions.
⑥ “Affiliate” is defined as an individual or a corporation that makes use of Service to provide Member with information, contents, software and solution of Product of Affiliate dependent upon conditions stipulated in these terms and conditions.
Article 3. Specifics of Services
① Services provided by Company are as enumerated below. Specifics of Services are fully described on WEB or application of each Service:
– Customer who purchases Product of Company only is registered with Purchaser Authority when registering product on Service; and all other Members other than Customer is registered with guest authority. When Member registers product on Service with authority authentication number of Product obtained from Customer purchased Product, he/she is registered with authority of the number when entering the number.
– Customer is entitled to change authority settings for Product on product setting menu of Service, and assign authority authentication number to Member with guest authority. If Member other than Customer registers product, device is only registered without authority.
– When Member other than Customer registers product, registration is made with guest authority or no authority, and Member may make request for authority authentication to Customer.
– If Customer receives request for authority authentication by Member not purchased product when registering product of Customer, Customer may allow authority authentication after checking information of Member requesting for authority authentication (phone number). If Customer do not desire authority authentication, request may be deleted on product settings menu.
– Service of confirmation, control, checking and monitoring of conditions of Product installed at home or business place at local or remote distance, or via WEB or applications
– Service that real-time checks or automatically detects movement via senor embedded in Product, and provides alarms
– Services supplementing Services stipulated in each subparagraphs above, of new Services
② Specifics and scopes of Services may vary upon countries and terminals, and country of supplying Services may vary upon functions. Services are in principle, provide round the clock.
③ When Member operates Product at remote distance, energy consumption takes place, and operating Product for an extended period of time, risks such as fire may take place due to overheat, failure or short circuit of Product. Member is solely responsible for the risks, and Company never bears for the risks.
④ Use of Service requires access to or connection with equipment via mobile network or internet. Member is solely responsible for expenses incurred from access to or connection with mobile network or internet for use of Services.
⑤ It is allowed to automatically down load and update software (including firmware of product) used for Company services. The purpose of software update is to improve capability, security and stability of service or product; however, bug correction, improvement of functions of service and product, software update, and improvement of functions (including entirely new version) may be included. Automatic update may continuously be provided even after Member withdraws from service account as long as product is kept connected via mobile network or internet.
⑥ Types and specifics of Service supplied by Company may vary dependent upon in-house policies of Company and Affiliate.
Article 4. Service Provider
Service is available at Product of Company supporting Service, and Product linked with WEB or application for each Service provided by Company. Company may provide Service for Product of Company.
Article 5. Service Fees
① Service provided by Company is free. Use of Service may be converted into charged services upon change of policies of Company, and additional services may be launched that is applied with service fees and conditions.
② When purchasing consumables of Product via Service, service fee is separately billed.
Article 6. Protection of Personal Information
① Company is entitled to collect the least personal information required for use of Service by Member upon consent of Member. Laws and decrees for protection of personal information apply to collected personal information.
② Company commits its best endeavors into protection of personal information of Member. Refer to personal information treatment policies of Company for further information on methods of protection and treatment of personal information of Member by Company.
③ Member consents on collection and use of personal information in accordance with personal information treatment policies of Company.
Article 7. Protection of Minors
① Use of Service by minor member requires consent in advance from legal agent (e.g., parents). Legal agent of minor member shall (i) monitor use of Service by minor, (ii) bear all of risks and responsibilities relevant to use of Service by minors, and (iii) guarantee correctness and trustfulness of information submitted by minor.
② If charged service is added to Service, legal agent may cancel use of charged services by minor. In such a case, legal agent shall prove identity of legal agent of Member to Company, and shall make cancellation indication with method allowed of confirmation and preservation. If minor subscribes membership with resident number of other adult, or uses payment information of adult without consent of the latter to make Company falsely believe that such minor is competent for payment, use of charged service is not allowed of canceling.
Article 8. Requirements to Comply with when Using Service
① Member shall comply with these terms and conditions, all guides provided to Member by Company, and all of laws and decrees applied to Member.
② Member shall use Service for personal and nonprofit purpose in private place of Member (e.g., home).
– Behavior that may cause fault or interruption of Service
– behavior of using Service for purposes other than those stipulated in the terms and conditions
– Behavior breaching portrait right, personal right, intellectual property right, honor right, privacy right, or legal or contractual rights of third party
– behavior of using Service for the purpose of property benefits to himself/herself or others, or to damage others
– Behavior of lending or transfer of authority for use of Service of his/her own, or assignment of access authority to others, or behavior embezzling personal information of others
– Behavior assigning authority to third party for executing software or codes by making use of Service, or behavior distributing virus or other malicious software and codes through Service
– Behavior avoiding technical protection action of Company, or getting such action impotent
– Behavior of using Service with automated tools other than software or hardware allowed by Company without consent in written
– Behavior inhibited in in-house guides of Company and in applicable laws and decrees, or behavior harming public order and standards for decency
Article 9. Ownership of Rights
① Company (or lincesee of Company) owns intellectual property rights of Service and any data included in it (including copyright, trademark right, patent right, utility model right, design right, database right and trade secret), and all of legal rights such as ownership and rights of use and profits. These include design, layout, logo, brand, apparent shape, expression and graphic of Service, including but not limited to software, documents and other data indicated on Service as well as all of information and data provided via Service.
② Member is allowed to use Service within scope explicitly permitted in accordance with the terms and conditions.
③ Member shall not duplicate, redistribute or reposting Service or let others use Service for commercial purposes without consent of Company in written in advance or execution of agreement with Company. Further, Member shall not rent, lend, relicensing, sales, transfer, providing as mortgage or move Service.
Article 10. Limit on Responsibilities
① Company neither guarantees nor verifies for any of the followings enumerated below for Service:
– Supply or non-interruption of supply round the clock or at certain timeframe; and safety or no error of contents of Service
– Compliance with of requirements of Member, or satisfaction of capabilities or functions at certain level
– Safeguard against virus, damage or other security intrusion. Company, however, commit reasonable endeavors into protecting Member from security instruction incidents at the current technology level.
② Company is responsible for direct damages only out of damages incurred to Member because of intentional or significant fault of Company relevant to use of Service, and is not responsible for any other indirect, incidental, extraordinary or consequential loss.
③ Company is not responsible for failure of use of Service or damages resulted from cause which Member is solely responsible for such as violation of the terms and conditions or applicable laws and decrees.
④ Company is not responsible for damage incurred on Member in case of failure in supply of Service due to Acts of God or similar force majeure.
⑤ Service may contain contents, data, information, software or hyperlink provided from Member or third party. Company has no control over the same, and does not guarantee or is not responsible for legibility or precision of the same.
⑥ Information, document, software and other data contained in Service are provided ‘as is’ basis. Company tries to provide precise and updated data; however, is not responsible for error, defect or incorrectness of data.
Article 11. Legal Relationship between Members, and between Member and Third Party
① The terms and conditions do not give effects on legal relationship between Member and third party; Separate terms and conditions of third part may apply to Member.
② Member shall solely be responsible for responsibility for data exchange with other Member on Service. Company does not guarantee precision or legibility of information, data or other materials posted or exchanged by Member in relevance with Service, and does not intervene in civil or criminal issues resulted from defamation or other illegal behaviors during use of Service between Members or between Member and third party, and is not responsible for the same.
Article 12. Posting of Advertisement
① Some of Service are supported by profit from advertisement. Company may post information of advertisement and public notice on Service, add it to Products and WEB or application provided by Company, and may provide Member consented on receiving with this information via appropriate methods such as text messages and push notification. Member is entitled to make request for termination of supply of such information to Company via phone or e-mail whenever he/she desires to do so.
② If information relevant to advertisement and public notice supplied by Member and Company is used, or communication or trade is attempted with advertisement owner, such issues shall fully be rested on responsibility between Member and advertisement owner. Accordingly, Company shall not bear any responsibilities or duties for the same unless there is cause which Company is responsible for.
Article 14. Interpretation of Terms and Conditions
Issues or interpretation not stipulated in the terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with Coway IoCare-Terms and Conditions of Use by Member. Should these terms and conditions and other individual terms and conditions such as Coway IoCare-Terms and Conditions of Use by Member deviate or conflict each other, these terms and conditions prevail for Coway IoT Services.
These terms and conditions shall enter into force as of Dec. 20, 2017.
Article 1. Purpose
The purpose of these terms and conditions is to stipulate rights, responsibilities, duties, and other requirements of COWAY Co., Ltd. (hereinafter, “Company”) and members of Company relevant to general services related to COWAY supplied by Company (all of services supplied by or relevant to Company.
Article 2. Definition of Terms
The terms used in the terms and conditions are defined as follows:
Article 3. Validity, and Posting and Amendment of Terms and Conditions
Article 4. Terms and Conditions, and Rules
Article 5. Subscription and Executing Agreement of Use
– Subscription Applicant experienced loss of membership pursuant to the terms and conditions; except he/she is allowed of subscription again by Company.
– Subscription Applicant uses information or title of others, or indicates false information.
– Subscription Applicant fails in indicating mandatory information specified by Company.
– Subscription Applicant is not approved because of reasons that he/she is responsible for, or makes application by violating other specified conditions.
– Subscription Applicant commits behaviors violating Framework Act on Telecommunication, Telecommunication Business Act, Telecommunication Ethics Platform, Deliberation Provisions of Telecommunication Ethics Board, Computer Programs Protection Act, Personal Information Protection Act, Use and Protection of Credit Information Act, At on Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection Act, and other applicable laws and decrees, and the terms and conditions.
Article 6. Management of Member Information of Members
Article 7. Notice to Member
Article 8. Duties of Member
Article 9. Duties of Company
Article 10. Supply of Services
– Information via product after registering product (device) manufactured and sold by Company, and services supplying contents (e.g., climate/air quality data) supplied by Company
– Services additionally developed by Company, or provided to Member through execution of affiliate agreement with other companies
Article 11. Change of Services
Article 12. Limit on Services
– Embezzlement or false input of ID and personal information by Member
– Abnormal behavior, or violation of provisions
– Causing unpleasantness or damage to Company or others by making use of abuse language on bulletin board and other online space
– Abuse of bugs or defects of Service
– Violation of applicable laws and decrees by Member
– Unjust registration of product (device) by Member without consent of customer of product (device)
Article 13. Collection of Information
Company collects and uses information for the purpose of supply, maintenance, protection and improvement of Service provided to Member, development of new services, and protection of Member.
Article 14. Supply of Information
Article 15. Third Party Services
Company may link Service to social media or other functions and services (e.g., website, plug-in and Widget) provided from third party. Further, Member may log in services provided by third part through Service provided by Company.
Article 16. Sharing Information of Company
Company does not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals other than Company except in cases enumerated below:
– Compliance with applicable laws and decrees, regulations, legal procedures or forcible demands of government
– Executing service terms and conditions including investigation of violation of the terms and conditions of use
– Detection, prevention or resolution of fraud, security or technical troubles
– Protection of Company, Member, and rights, properties and safety of general public from risk elements
– Company may share information not allowed of identification of individuals with partners of Company such as posting party, advertisement owner, and linked sites, and open such information to general public. For example, Company may open information showing typical trends of use of Service to general public.
Article 17. Ownership and Limit on Use of Copyrights
– Contents slandering other members or companies, or damaging honor by defamation
– Contents harming public orders, and social morals and good manners
– Contents recognized collateral with criminal behaviors
– Contents breaching copyright and other rights of Company and third party
– Unidentified or false information
– Posting for the purpose of advertisement
– Misrepresenting administrator or responsible staffs of Company
– posting not compliant with the nature of bulletin board
– Violation of applicable laws and decrees
Article 18. Termination of Agreement and Withdrawal from Membership
Article 19. Personal Information Processing Policies
Company protects personal information of Member, notifies such protection in form of personal information processing policies, and commits its endeavors into protection of personal information of Member.
Article 20. Compensation of Damages and Immunity
Article 21. Resolution of Dispute and Jurisdiction Court
Article 22. Payment of Online Fee Billing
Article 23. Online Service and Product Registration of WEB/App
These terms and conditions shall enter into force as of Dec. 20, 2017.
These terms and conditions shall be complied with by Coway Integrated Member or Airmega Member who subscribes Service of Company after authentication of Coway Integrated Member and Airmega Member pursuant to these terms and conditions.
Sign in below to access your account.